f t g m
Copyright 2020 - .

Archived Minutes 2018

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

Held: Thursday 29th November 2018     8:30pm

Location: The Manor Pub - Henknowle

Members present: Rob Berry; Alan Breeze; John Brigstock; Peter Lindsay; Lorraine Lindsay; Ken Hawkins; Bob Purvis; Jake McAloon

The meeting accepted the Minutes of the previous AGM as a true record proposed by Rob Berry seconded by John Brigstock which was agreed unanimously.

The first task was for our Current Chairman to supervise the appointment of a new Chairman.

Chairman:

Nominations: Rob Berry  ( Tel: 07899 921654  -  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. )

Proposed by Alan Breeze

Seconded by John Brigstock

No other nominations - carried unanimously.

Vice Chair:

Nominations: John Brigstock     ( Tel: 07803 588488 -  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. )

Proposed by Alan Breeze

Seconded by Rob Berry

No other nominations - carried unanimously

Secretary:

Nominations: Alan Breeze       ( Tel: 0793 0593 248  -  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. )

Proposed by Rob Berry

Seconded by John Brigstock

No other nominations - carried unanimously.

Treasurer:

Nominations: Lorraine Lindsay    ( Tel: 07982 332751 - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. )

Proposed by Alan Breeze

Seconded by Rob Berry

No other nominations - carried unanimously

Membership Secretary:   

Nominations: Bob Purvis   ( Tel: 07964894915 -  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. )

Proposed by Alan Breeze

Seconded by Rob Berry

No other nominations - carried unanimously

Executive Committee:

Nominations: Ken Hawkins   ( Tel: 0138883520   -   This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. )

Proposed by Rob Berry

Seconded by John Brigstock

No other nominations - carried unanimously

Statement of Accounts

Our stand in Treasurer Alan Breeze declared that our current Balance was £282.49 in the Darlington Building Society supplemented by £19.00 from the two meetings giving a Grand Total of £301.49 available. The £19 is to be deposited when Lorraine takes her identification and utility Bill to the Darlington Building Society to register as a signatory with them.

The meeting was then closed and the next Annual General Meeting will take place at the end of November 2019

 

 

Minutes of Meeting

Held: Thursday 29th November 2018    7:15pm

Location: Manor Pub - Henknowle

Chair: Rob Berry

Vice Chair: Dorothy Dolby (Apologies for absence

Treasurer: Vacancy

Secretary: Alan Breeze

Members Secretary: John Brigstock

Committee Members:

Regional Organiser:

Apologies for Absence: Faith Breeze, Dorothy Dolby

Other Attendees: Peter Lindsay, Lorraine Lindsay, Jake McAloon, Bob Purvis, Ken Hawkins

The Chairman asked if the previous minutes could be taken as a true record and this was proposed byPeter Lindsay and seconded by Lorraine Lindsay before being accepted unanimously.

Matters Arising:

 It was agreed that Bishop FM should be pursued as a means of getting the Brexit message out and during the meeting John Brigstock spoke on the phone to Gillian Campbell (07805233230) and after a lengthy conversation there was a positive response with a proviso that both sides of the argument on Brexit were represented on the program slot.

As noted at the meeting a further signatory was added to our Darlington Building Society accont with Rob Berry's signature and it was put forward that as soon as a new Treasurer was elected they should go down to sign up too. Whilst there it was proposed they deposit the £19 currently in the posession of Alan Breeze which has been collected as £1 subs from the two meetings.

It was confirmed that Rob and Alan attended the N E Meeting with Gerard Batten on 5th October where he gave everyone a brief history of development of UKIP since its formation 25 years ago and confirmed that the party had been neear to bankruptcy earlier this year after the Party Conference in Torquay. The step of Gerard becoming temporary Party Leader for a one year period has rescued the Party and in the current Brexit climate membership is booming. Gerard also took a straw poll at the meeting which showed that out of approx 150 attendees only a handful objected to Tommy Robinson becoming a Party Member. Subsequent developments have meant that this decision has been deferred till after 29th March 2019. This led to general debate at our meeting with a split on the acceptability of Tommy Robinson and it was generally felt that the main focus of the Party must not be on Islam although it should remain a significant consideration.

Any Other Business

Since the last meeting efforts have been made to revive the collapsed North East Regional Organisation led by Richard Elvin and a meeting held in Newcastle yielded a working committee of Richard Elvin, Chairman ; ken Rollings, Treasurer ; Gary Leighton, Secretary and Henry Marshall as Executive Committee member. Beyond that they have met and proposed 6 sub regions of UKIP North East which our secretary believes should be re arranged to pair N W Durham with Bishop Auckland.

Rob Berry read out a letter from Gerard Batten a key part of which was notification of a national Brexit Rally on Sunday 9th December in Central London, it was generally felt in the meeting that attending would be difficult and it was suggested that regional rallies might have been more effective.

With regard to putting the UKIP name out locally it was suggested that local papers are contacted to check the possibility of distribution of leaflets through their delivery systems and Alan Breeze agreed to look into this. The possibility of advertising our meeting in local press was also to be pursued and reported back to next meeting.

With no other business the meeting was closed with the next Monthly Meeting scheduled for Thursday 31st January at the Manor Pub Henknowle 7:15 start.

 

 

 

An informal none minuted meeting was held on 25th October and several new members were welcomed

The meeting was attended by

Margaret Dennison ; Cheryl Dennison ; Michael Hopper (07929215127) ; Ken Allen (07780008118) ; Graham Rose (07789678771) ; Ali Hughes ; Peter Lindsay ; Lorraine Lindsay ; Antony Wilkinson

 

Minutes of Meeting

Held: Thursday 27th September 2018

Location: Manor Pub - Henknowle

Chair: Rob Berry (Apologies for absence due to Question Time appearance)

Vice Chair: Dorothy Dolby (Stand in as Chair)

Treasurer: Vacancy

Secretary: Alan Breeze

Members Secretary: John Brigstock

Committee Members:

Regional Organiser: Apologies for absence Gordon Parkin

Apologies for Absence: Faith Breeze, Rob Berry

Other Attendees: Peter Lindsay, Lorraine Lindsay (new members), Margaret Dennison, Cheryl Dennison

The Chairman asked if the previous minutes could be taken as a true record and this was proposed by Dorothy Dolby and seconded by John Brigstock before being accepted unanimously.

Matters Arising:

The link up with Bishop Auckland FM idea was shelved to the next meeting because of the absence of our Chairman who is appearing on Question Time.

The matter of access to our Bank account is still outstanding and it was agreed that our Chairman, Secretary and Members Secretary should meet at the Darlington Building Society in Bishop Auckland and sign the necessary documents to become signatories to the account. Our secretary is to arrange this before the next meeting.

The normal £1 subscription was collected along with an extra £1 from Cheryl Dennison giving a total of £8 to add to the previous £5 for putting in our Building Society Account.

Any Other Business:

Our Chairman gave a warm welcome to our new members Peter and Lorraine and also welcomed back Cheryl and Margaret after a year out.

Our secretary reminded everyone that Gerard Batten our party leader is coming to Newcastle on 5th October to meet members and everyone is invited to attend. However, people at the meeting had prior commitments which meant that only our Chairman and Secretary would be going to the meeting.

Our secretary announced that an up to date Manifesto was available and a paper copy was provided for our Vice Chairman and also promised to put a link on our website to the Manifesto.

A General discussion took place regarding the membership application from Tommy Robinson which drew a divided response from the attendees, any news regarding his membership will be passed to members.

Our secretary asked if there were any key messages that members wished to pass through our Secretary to Gerard Batten and it was felt by the meeting that it was a great shame that offshoots from the party had taken place and hoped that at some future time these offshoots could be brought back to the fold to regroup like minded people.

It was also noted that all Branches be put on an Election Imminent footing in preperation for a snap election in the Autumn as it is felt that any sign of weakness from Labour would send Theresa May to the polls to seek assurance for her Chequers Plan. However it was felt that this risk was a step too far in the present climate and it was more likely that there would be a leadership challenge. This will be discussed again at the October meeting.

With no other Business the meeting was closed with the next meeting scheduled for the last Thursday 25th October at the Manor Pub 7:15pm start

 

Minutes of Meeting

Held: Thursday 31st May 2018

Location: Manor Pub - Henknowle

Chair: Rob Berry

Vice Chair: Dorothy Dolby

Treasurer: Vacancy due to the recent death of Betty Hopson

Secretary: Alan Breeze

Members Secretary: John Brigstock

Committee Members:

Regional Organiser: Apologies for absence Gordon Parkin

Apologies for Absence: Faith Breeze

Other Attendees: David Blackett (None Member)

The Chairman asked if the previous minutes could be taken as a true record and this was proposed by Dorothy Dolby and seconded by John Brigstock before being accepted unanimously.

Matters Arising:

Earlier today our Secretary dicovered that our Treasurer had passed away and subsequent investigation showed that this was on the 30th April . It was regretable that we were not informed of her sudden death in a timely manner and hence were not able to attend her funeral but those that knew her were unanimous in praising her work for UKIP over the years as a candidate and more recently as our Treasurer and she will be greatly missed in the future. Our Secretary resolved to handle the practical problem of accessing our bank Account without Betty as signatory.

It was agreed that the meeting with Bishop FM be progressed by John Brigstock and he would liaise with our Secretary and Chairman re progress.

Any Other Business:

The normal meeting subs of £1 per head (£5 total) was passed to our Secretary for passing to our Bank Account.

Secretary Alan Breeze informed the meeting that a street rally was to take place in Stockton on Saturday 9th June and he promised to provide more information as he received it from Gordon Parkin UKIP Stockton

With no other Business the meeting was closed with the next meeting scheduled for the last Thursday in June at the Manor Pub 7:15pm start

 

 

 

Minutes of Meeting

Held: Thursday 29th March 2018

Location: Manor Pub - Henknowle

Chair: Dorothy Dolby (in Rob Berry's absence)

Vice Chair: Dorothy Dolby

Treasurer: Betty Hopson

Secretary: Alan Breeze

Members Secretary: John Brigstock

Committee Members: Faith Breeze

Regional Organiser: Apologies for absence Gordon Parkin

Attendees: Mark Bickerton

The Chairman asked if the previous minutes could be taken as a true record and this was proposed by Dorothy Dolby and seconded by John Brigstock before being accepted unanimously.

Matters Arising: There were no matters arising from previous meeting

Any Other Business:

It was confirmed by our Secretary that he had been notified by our Regional Organiser that UKIP had been saved from Bankruptcy at the 11th hour as Sponsors stepped in to pay the outstanding Court Costs following the failed defamation of character case in the High Court involving one of our MEPs and the Rotherham Labour Councillors.

In the light of this with UKIP finances at a dangerously low level, Gerard batten proposed that his interim Party Leader position is extended for one year to defer the significant costs of running a new leadership election. This has been generally accepted by members.

John Brigstock offered to initiate a meeting with our local Radio station Bishop FM with a view to bringing to the General Public political situations we face and providing the UKIP stance on these situations, with particular reference to Brexit.

Towards the end of the meeting Mark Bickerton informed the meeting that he had joined the Democrats and Veterans Party headed by John Rees Evans and he would not be attending any further meetings. The Chairman thanked him for his contributions to discussions in the times that he had been at our meetings.

With no further business the meeting was closed